PVG TABS: Don’t let the summer season slow your flock down!
PVG TABS: Effervescent Multivitamin and Electrolyte Tabs
Poultry, whether they are broilers, layers or turkeys, excels in a temperature range between 10 to 27°C (Gyawali, 2020). In the Philippines, a tropical country with an average annual temperature of 26.6°C, achieving the optimum rearing temperature is an added challenge, especially during the summer months wherein the warmest month occurs in May with a mean temperature of 28.3°C (PAGASA-DOST, 2020). In a study by Nillipour and Melog, (1999) when environmental temperature increased above 30°C, birds were observed to have an increase in respiration rate or panting, eventually leading to disruption in the plasma pH and plasma bicarbonate levels leading to a condition known as respiratory alkalosis – leading to a decrease in production performance.
- Negative effects of heat stress to poultry
- Broilers- reduced feed intake, growth rate, feed conversion, survivability, dressing yield, breast meat and total meat and increased abdominal fat are the immediate consequences in a hot and humid environment (Geraert, 1998)
- Layers- adversely influences feed intake, reproductive and laying performance, economical traits and decrease overall health of laying hens (Blem, 2000)
- Maintenance of heat stress at the farm level
- Management – mechanical and behavioural changes (stocking density, ventilation, feeding patterns, etc)
- Nutritional - because of being practical, nutritional manipulation with its low cost is a common approach in poultry production
- Dietary vitamin (Moreng, 1980) may contribute to well-being and survival
- In addition, drinking water may contain electrolyte solutions to provide the electrolytes and adjust the acid-base balance (Gyawali, 2020)
PVG TABS: A balanced tropical formulation of essential vitamins & electrolytes in EFFERVESCENT TABLET FORM for EASY ADMINISTRATION to farm animals to supplement their needs
- Designed for flocks under stress
- High potency vitamins with electrolytes
- Adjustable dosage schedule
- Unique effervescent action